Saturday, May 15, 2010

..a heart that keeps beating, keeps hoping, keeps loving..

Rocks break, everything changes, even when you think you're sure, especially. You wanna know about me in 500 words? I get scared sometimes, I'm dissapointed, I have doubts and I love gettin' my way. I don't like change but I know it's good for me and inevitable, so I welcome it as best I can. If you want to judge me, measure me by the size of my hope. I don't know where I'll be a year from now. I want to be a million of things when I grow up. I want to leave my mark on the world. Everything changes, even when you think you're sure. Especially when you think you're sure. There is a poem by Yoham Framm that says it better than I will: "Defy the old dragon, defy the fear. The world may rage and quake, but I shall remain singing in perfect peace." Yeah things happen, things you don't expect, or want, or like. The world rages and you become someone you didn't know you'd ever be. And there you are, in your clothes, in your life. This is my future. This is me and I want things I never thought I would. A place to grow, meet new people, a place to surprise when life turns out to be nothing I imagined... and to be grateful for it. In perfect peace. There's power in change. With change comes lots of room to grow. The hardest part of moving forward is not looking back. I might be a little bit jaded, I'm a little damaged, like a vintage t-shirt you love because it tells a story. I complain a lot, but I remember everyday how much God had blessed me. I have a family I don't go a day without talking to. Old and new friends who make me smile. And a heart that keeps beating, keeps hoping, keeps loving.
Everwood

No comments:

Post a Comment